Saturday 27 February 2010

Snow - Not Mud!


Yesterday we got this last installation well under way at our final site - the Auld Chapel at Longfield, Dunrossness. I am so happy that the team got the turbines close enough to the site so that we could go ahead...with huge, huge thanks to our local tractor driver! I am glad we're going to the South Mainland again as the P7 pupils at Dunrossness Primary School made very carefully considered films about colour. Their art teacher, Fiona Burra, also worked very hard to organise the day and learn how to use the software programme. Richard, Mike and Emma might have got cold yesterday, but I am sure it was probably a lot better than the mud from our last install! After Nayan was happy with the placement of the lights, he and I began testing ideas for this illumination last night despite the ice and snow troubling our cars. I am looking forward to another good day to finish up the series of illuminations. This one feels like a fitting 'grand finale', although I am of course sorry we didn't get to do three of our original choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment